“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Mold removal is a misnomer. It's typical to hear that phrase tossed around and promised within the industry, "we remove mold." But saying this really misunderstands mold and the problem.
The goal in a property isn't mold removal but rather mold remediation.
This is why: mold spores are microscopic and exist naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. In this sense, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Our teams at SERVPRO of Boston Downtown / Back Bay / South Boston understand mold and mold growth. Call us and we can help you mitigate your mold problem.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (617) 227-2200
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (617) 227-2200
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Boston Downtown / Back Bay / South Boston is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: