“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Mold removal is a misnomer. It's typical to hear that phrase tossed around and promised within the industry, "we remove mold." But saying this really misunderstands mold and the problem.
The goal in a property isn't mold removal but rather mold remediation.
This is why: mold spores are microscopic and exist naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. In this sense, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Our teams at SERVPRO of Boston Downtown / Back Bay / South Boston understand mold and mold growth. Call us and we can help you mitigate your mold problem.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (617) 227-2200
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (617) 227-2200
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Boston Downtown / Back Bay / South Boston and SERVPRO of Dorchester is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: