What Is Black Mold?
Mold growth is a common occurrence in the city of Boston. Mold typically grows after moisture has been introduced into your home because of humidity or worse, water damage. A leaking pipe under a sink or behind drywall can cause mold growth after 24 hours. Black mold can be visible in less than three days if the leaky pipe is not fixed and the water damage dried and cleaned. SERVPRO of Boston Downtown / Back Bay / South Boston are experts in mold remediation. Our cleaning technicians are certified to eradicate both visible mold and mold spores. However, the best way to avoid mold growth is to give us a call as soon as the pipe break is noticed. Cleaning up the water damage keeps mold growth from occurring.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Boston Downtown / Back Bay / South Boston and SERVPRO of Dorchester immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (617) 227-2200
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Boston Downtown / Back Bay / South Boston and SERVPRO of Dorchester is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Back Bay
- South Boston
- Financial District
- South End
- North End
- Theatre District